Thursday, December 10, 2009

"DUNES SERIES, 2009"-- Four Original Oils Completed and Presented







Greetings All,

I hope and trust this finds you all well.

I am very happy to introduce four paintings in my "DUNES SERIES, 2009" recently completed. All four paintings are based on photos that I took this past July off the coasts of Jacksonville, Ponte Vedre, and St. Augustine beaches.

The look and feel of these paintings are refreshingly different for me. Don't get me wrong-- I continue to focus on local and nationally well-known golf courses for my golf landscapes and their related limited edition Giclee prints. In addition, I continue to love painting memorable scenes of the limitless depth and breadth of Florida's backwoods and wetlands.

However, this "Dune Series" has pushed me into an area that is so much reflective of another aspect of Florida's and the South's natural beauty that has always intrigued me. More paintings of this subject area will follow in the future.

The paintings in this series (that are first being publicly offered this weekend at the Delray Art League's outdoor show at Veteran's Park, Dec. 12, 13, 2009) :

16" x 20", "Dunes Series, 2009-- Summer Sail", Original Oil

14" x 18", "Dunes Series, 2009-- Sand's Warmth" Original Oil

12" x 24", "Dunes Series, 2009-- Rolling Tide" Original Oil

11" x 14", "Dunes Series, 2009 -- Sea Oats Symphony" Original Oil

As always, the photos here do not do justice to the colors and subtleties of these scenes. They have to be seen "in person."

I hope you enjoy these paintings as much as I did in creating them.

Be well, Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment