Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Paintings Recently Completed: "Royal Poinciana in Bloom" and "Low Tide Mangroves"



Hello All, I hope and trust this finds you well.

Just three weeks until my first major outdoor show of the 2009/10 season-- 22nd Annual Las Olas Art Fest in Ft. Lauderdale.

Above, please see my two most recently completed paintings:

"Royal Poinciana in Bloom," 16" x 20" [unframed], Original Oil. This painting is based on photos of Royal Poinciana that I have taken in South Florida. Also, as best I can remember-- going back almost 45+ years-- this composition is based on the short walk up to the Intracoastal Waterway from my Uncle's and Aunt's home on 48th Street (many years ago, a wonderful neighborhood). I recall the path and a stately Royal Poinciana on that property (now a 20 story condo).

"Low Tide Mangroves," 16" x 20" [unframed], Original Oil. This work is based on a series of photos that I took this past summer off of A1A, North Singer Island. But, the setting could be one of many in the South Florida, and indeed coastal Florida areas.

These paintings will be available for sale at the Las Olas show and they will also be published in my limited, signed, and numbered Giclee print series.

Enjoy. Be well, Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment