Monday, September 28, 2009

Latest Completed Painting: The "PGA Championship Course, Number 15" PGA Resort, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida



I am very pleased to post here my latest completed painting, "PGA Championship Course, Number 15", Original Oil, 24" x 36" [unframed] located at the world-reknown PGA Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

This course is the home of the PGA's "Honda Classic" and has served as the site of a previous Ryder Cup, as well as previous Champion Tour stops.

I based this painting on many photos that I took this past summer. In addition, I have been fortunate to have played this hole many times over the past years. Hole Number 15, one of the finishing holes in the treacherous "Bears Claw" [designed by Jack Nicklaus], is a beautiful and intimidating one at the same time with its water hazards and tight driving, landing areas.

"PGA Championship, Number 15" will be the "feature" painting for my first outdoor art show for the 2009/10 season, the 22nd Annual Las Olas Art Fest, October 24, 25,2009. (my complete 2009/10 Show Schedule can be found on my web site, www.gregshermanart.com)

The original will then be first avialable for sale, together with limited edition Giclee prints for this show as well as future ones.

In addition to the complete image size [as framed], I have also provided a detail shot of the green area. I apologize as the photos are a bit out of focus [I am going to have to work more on my photography skills].

It gave me great pleasure to complete this painting on my birthday, Sept. 27, 2009.

Enjoy, and I hope this finds you and yours well.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment