Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Dunes Series" -- Future Paintings


Greetings All,

I have been asked by several people if I paint seascapes.

Actually, I have not to date painted any, as my focus has been on painting scenes of well known (and privately commissioned) golf landscapes, and another of my favorite subjects-- Florida landscapes and "Low Country" settings in Georgia and South Carolina.

On my recent trip to North Florida (July, 2009), I intentionally visited the dunes and beach areas of Ponte Vedre (Jacksonville) Beach, and St. Augustine Beach. I have always loved these settings -- my parents, six siblings, and I many, many years ago spent wonderful vacations in these locations.

Please see above some photos that I took on my July excursion that will provide the basis for a series of "Dunes" paintings that I will be doing in the near future.

Be well, and visit a favorite place of yours from the past, Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment