Monday, August 17, 2009

New Painting in Progress, 24" x 36", Oil, "TPC, Sawgrass, No. 17 and 16, Ponte Vedra, Florida"

Hello All,
At my last count, I have 14 paintings underway in various size canvasses, stages of completion. I am enjoying all of them: golf landscapes, Florida landscapes, the "Dunes Series," and "Mangrove, Tidal, and Water Birds Series."
Among the golf landscapes, I am making good progress with "PGA Championship, # 15" (see previous posting for its photo). I have a self-imposed completion deadline of PGA # 15 of August 30, 2009.
Please see above two photos of "TPC, Sawgrass, # 17 and #16, Ponte Vedra, Florida" that I took this past June at the FSGA Amateur. I have not previously posted these. Both PGA, # 15, and TPC, Sawgrass, # 17 and #16 are large paintings.... 24" x 36" (unframed.)
This "Island Green" is probably one of the most recognizable (and loudest on the TPC's final, Sunday round) golf holes on the PGA Tour. It is very much in demand among golf art fans. I project having this completed mid-September, 2009 and I anticipate this print being very popular.
If you have a favorite golf course and "signature" hole, let me know.
Be well, Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment