Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recent Photos for Future Painting(s): Singer Island, John D. MacArthur Bridge, A1A Bend

Greetings All,

Recently, on a very clear sunny day on my return from a visit to Juno Beach, I took many photos of the beautiful setting of the Intracoastal, North Singer Island. I took most of the shots from the bridge and the A1A bend near John D. MacArthur State Park. The first Florida landscape that I painted was in 1994, a commission for a parishioner of St. Paul of the Cross. It was of mangroves, the outgoing tide, and water birds found in this setting-- a place that the parishioner loved and drove by everyday day. She passed away several years ago, the painting is now with her daughter in California.

I have received some serious interest lately for similar paintings, and I enjoy doing them. I plan to start soon on a series of three - four of various canvass sizes. They will also likely be popular prints for the upcoming outdoor art show season.

Please see the photos above of this location just on the other side of North Singer Island.

I am currently making progress with three golf landscapes, and hope to have them completed by the end of August, 2009. Look for them in the future on my web site, www.gregshermanart.com, sometime early to mid-September.

Be well, Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment