Friday, August 7, 2009

New Painting, "Pines, Backwoods, Follow the River"


Hello All,


Today, I had a wonderful visit and lunch with a lifelong friend, Mary Clark who now resides in Juno Beach, Florida. Mary is a quick-witted (always has been), energitic, loving, and beautiful 84 years of life lady who, together with her dearly departed husband George ("Coo"), were best friends with my departed parents for more than forty years. Together, Mary and Coo raised four amazing sons (son Merle departed and now with his father George for eternity) all of whom have really neat families-- wonderfully talented and diverse. Wow, do our families have some great memories and stories!! Mary and I laughed (and maybe even cried a little) over some of them today.


Mary and I took a wonderful walk from her residence to and around Pelican Lake-- saw quite a bit of wildlife including a three-foot iguana-- and then walked up to the ocean.


Mary and my late Mom, Ellen Marie Sherman, were painting partners for many years. Between them over many years they graced a multitude of residences and offices in the Palm Beach/Broward County areas with their beautiful paintings which were much in demand. I wish now that I had kept a record of them so I could visit them.


After our walk, it was "show and tell time." Mary showed me some photos that she plans to convert into paintings in the near future-- I can't wait to see them.


I then shared with Mary two of my recent, nearly completed paintings. Mary always has a helpful suggestion or two as she did this time. Above, please see one of them, "Pines, Backwoods, and Follow the River, " 18" x 24" original oil-- I have to add a few egrets to complete the "feel."


Mary and I then had a wonderful lunch of delicious pot roast complete with roasted potatoes, carrots, and peas. Mary is an incredible cook.


This was a wonderful day for me, and I believe for Mary, visiting with and spending precious time with such a dear friend of my parents, my family, and me.


I hope you had a good day. If not..............


Visit with and spend special time and conversation with a friend as soon as you can...........priceless !!!


Be well, Greg






No comments:

Post a Comment