Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Painting in Process: PGA, Championship, Number 15


Greetings All,

My weekly oil workshop at the Armory Art Center (West Palm Beach) today went well-- we had a "double-class"-- painting from 9:30 AM thru 2:30 PM (with a brief lunch break). I continue to go to this workshop as my instructor, nationally-known Martha Myers, always has a fantastic eye and insights to improve my paintings-- as subtle and sublime as her observations usually are !!

Today she had very constructive suggestions that helped me put the "finishing" touches on two of my now completed paintings: Pines, Backwoods, and Follow the River, Oil, 18 " x 24"; Low Country Florida Marsh, Oil, 10" x 20". I'll soon be displaying these paintings here, and they'll also be on my web site, http://www.gregshermanart.com/., sometime in late August or mid-September.

I am also having great fun and challenge working on three paintings of well-known golf courses: (1) Atlantic City (NJ) Golf and Country Club, Number 18 [private commission with an end of August projected completion]; (2) TPC, Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra, Fl, Number 17/16; and, (3) PGA Championship (PB Gardens, FL), Number 15. Please see above a photo that I took of PGA, # 15, that is serving as the basis for this painting.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment